Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Babies...

Tonight we are sitting around talking about Tim and Shay's new baby that was born tonight. (YAY! for Jay Wyatt!!!) And we were talking about when the girls were born, how the 2 births were night and day. Aubryn's was so chaotic, and scary, and PAINFUL, and it was so crowded in the delivery room, the stupid Dr. had the TV on a soccer game, and had the volume turned up so loud (probably to drown out my screams of anguish) over 2 hours of pushing finally she comes into the world in a completely chaotic moment. The only thing that was quiet in that room when 5.95lbs Aubryn came out was Aubryn... she never made a sound. It was honestly one of the worst things that I have ever been through. I didn't get to hold her in my arms until she was 3 days old, she was 7 days old before they let me keep her crib in my room. The nurses were not very optimistic about her making through the night, it was the single most worst experience ever, and yet I left that hospital less than 2 weeks later with my little miracle in my arms.
Rhiannyn's was so easy, so quiet, I had my epidural, I had fantastic nurses, there was no pain, the dr. and nurses barely spoke above a whisper... 17 minutes of pushing her came Rhi... S-C-R-E-A-M-I-N-G!! we got to hold her, I got to feed her... the complete opposite of Aubryn.

So I as I'm telling the story to Aubryn I say...
"Me and daddy didn't get to hold you when you were first born because you weren't breathing very good and they took you away really quickly to hook you up to breathing machines."
--Aubryn gets a really weird, puzzled look on her face. I say "You were really scary and we weren't sure if you were going to make it"
--Aubryn is now utterly shocked, but says nothing. I tell her "Papa Wheeler, and Daddy gave you a blessing you were only a few hours hours old, and 11 days later she got to come home."
She was quiet just for a minute, then says "LONG LIVE ME!" as she throws her hands up in the air in a victorious pose. Hilarious... way to put a humorous twist into a very serious topic, Thanks Aubryn!
Love my girls, and wouldn't trade them for the world... and so glad to have a new baby in the family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment