Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Fun!

To start with Stef and I spent most of Thursday making about 50 of these.....CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIED...Yum! We put them in vases and made them look like a bouquet of roses,and took them to Aubryn and Kayden's classes. They turned out really cute and weren't as hard to make as we thought they would be. The kids loved them and so did the teachers. Me and Stef enjoyed being "cool" moms that day... apparently a rare occasion for us.

Because we are such fantastic multi-taskers, Stef and I also had a little BFF party for Rhi and Lexy. They made "Balentines's" little pizzas, and of course cookies! The next day Rhi was so excited to get to go the the school for Jaden and Aubryn's parties. She thought she was pretty cool hanging out with the big kids, and Aubryn and Jaden were so excited we came! That night at dinner I asked Rhi what her favorite part of the day was and she says "da little baby toilets at Jaden's schoo" (They have really low sinks and the smallest toilets I've ever seen in the Pre-K hall at the school... pretty funny actually)

Aubryn was super excited about the chocolate covered strawberries, and all the kids thought she brought the coolest treat. They had a sub that day, so they didn't really do a lot besides get a plate of goodies, and watch a movie but they had fun anyway. When I asked Aubryn what her favorite part of the day was she said "when you brought the strawberries to class, and everyone was like..."oh cool"" (in true teenager fashion)

Jaden, who doesn't like chocolate; was equally excited to get his plain strawberries that I also put in a vase to look like a bouquet of roses. The kids loved them, Jaden ate 4, but I did sneak 2 chocolate ones in for his teacher and E.A. Of all the kids I think Jaden was the most excited to have me and Rhi come to his class. When I asked Jaden what his favorite part of the day was at dinner that night he said. "uhm my party, and you were there with Randy, and strawberries at my friend party." (he's so sweet)

The best part of the weekend for me was my tulips that Shawn got me, he also got the girls some flowers too. We were kinda spoiled this year, and we loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Aubryn told me about the strawberries and how awesome they were! You are such a fun mom Lacey!

    ReplyDelete