Thursday, February 25, 2010

School Supplies.....

So far this school year I have purchased 3 boxes of crayons for Aubryn. She is always asking me for a nex box of crayons. "I only have 6 colors", "I couldn't finish my penguin because I don't have black" "I looked in the lost and found box, but they are all broken" etc. Mrs. Gillen always sends a note home if they are out of supplies, and I haven't seen one lately so I haven't bought her new crayons (she can be pretty dramatic). However, I went to her class today to visit for a minute, and then to go have lunch. She's in the middle of an art project involving her sight words (which are the names of colors) She is using tiny little pieces of broken crayons, borrowing colored pencils.... I was embarrassed! I apologized to Mrs. Gillen for not sending new crayons... she was not concerned, because she says its not that Aubryn has broken her crayons, its that she doesn't clean up after herself most of the time. And ALL the left over supplies go in the infamous "lost and found box". So after talking to Aubryn about taking care of our stuff, and being responsible for our things especially at school, I go to Walmart and buy her new crayons, I also bought a pack of address labels. She thinks she's just getting a regular old box of crayons to take back to school, but I'm not just sending crayons... I'm also send little reminders.

I figured if they do end up in the "Lost and Found" she'll be able to tell which ones are hers.


AND, since she is super dooper smart and can read really well.... I figured a little reminder couldn't hurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment